Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Big Conversion

I recently had my GroBaby shells converted from hook & loop to snaps. I think it is great to have the option to start off with hook & loop diapers and extend their use by converting to snaps. If you think about it, when diapering a newborn and younger baby hook & loop is often easier and quicker. As baby grows, little hands become busy and have the ability to undo the hook & loop closures. Changing the diaper to snaps will help extend the life of your diapers. So now that these shells have been all converted, I’m passing them on to my sis. I know I just said that snaps aren’t the easiest {in my opinion} when diapering a newborn, but my little guy is almost out grown the GroBaby shells. Now that they have more life to them, it’d be wasteful not to keep using them. {Isn’t that a big part of what cloth diapering is all about…less waste?!} BW is moving on to larger GroVia shells {btw they also fit CW at 38 lbs}, and so my GroBaby stash is now moving on to EB.  Baby EB is growing like a weed! He’ll probably be the perfect size for them by the time they arrive. Before I send them off to my sis, I thought I’d post a few before and after pics of my shells. 
Before




After


Lookin’ good & ready for a new home! Once baby EB is wearing them, Nina will be sure to post a pic of her cutie. I can’t wait to see him wearing them.
On a side note, GroVia is a great company that offers excellent customer service. I received a call both when my shells arrived & when they shipped them back to me. It’s nice to hear a friendly voice {even if it was only on my voicemail since I missed both calls}. GroVia snap conversions are only available through their site. If you are in need of any of their other products, I am a proud GroVia retailer!
And to show you the difference between my old GroBaby shells and the new GroVia shells, I thought I'd post a couple of pics. Not only was the rise made larger, but the hook & loop has nice laundry tabs. This is to keep them from being worn while washing and to keep from diaper chains from occuring. {I used a zippered lingere bag to put my GroBaby shells in while washing to keep them from attaching to everything.}


A nice size difference that has been improved to make these shells really fit your baby for a long time!!

On a side note, GroVia is a great company that offers excellent customer service. I received a call both when my shells arrived & when they shipped them back to me. It’s nice to hear a friendly voice {even if it was only on my voicemail since I missed both calls}. GroVia snap conversions are only available through their site. If you are in need of any of their other products, I am a proud GroVia retailer!


No comments:

Post a Comment