Sunday, April 10, 2011

Party Time

Last week I had the pleasure of getting together with a great group of women.  It feels odd to call them women since we have all grown up together.  These friends have been there through middle school angst, high school craziness, and one friend even made it through *gasp* elementary school with me.  It’s rare to have a group of friends with such long lasting ties.  And I’m blessed to be able to gather with the girls women and chit chat over yummy food with them on occasion.  Our last meet up found us on University Boulevard {close to the University of Arizona for those that are not local} at a long standing college hang out.  Let me add a little more info to help set the scene.  It was a Thursday night, packed with college students getting their drink on, and 5 hip 30 something ladies taking a break from our fams.
For this particular get together, cloth diapers were on the menu so to speak.  One friend, who has an adorable baby boy, asked me to bring some diapers for her to see.  I can’t say no to that!  So as dinner was coming to an end, I brought out the stash of cloth dipes to share.  We all ooo’ed and aaahh’ed over the colors, prints, and cuddly softness.  Questions were asked and answered.  Notes were taken in order to help remember the onslaught of diapers that were presented.  At one point it was mentioned how never in a million years would we have thought we’d all be together as adults talking about the benefits of cloth diapers. I think it was pretty amazing, and I think the rest of the gals would agree!  I wish I had thought of having someone take our picture to have proof, because it must have been an unusual sight.  We were uber hip passing around some of the best cloth diapers on a Thursday night down by the University of Arizona. {Go Cats!}
The whole purpose of Green Baby Elephant is to get Tucson moms together to see and talk about cloth diapers.  Diaper parties can be as formal or informal as you’d like.  It’s all about getting together and learning about the many benefits of cloth diapering.  So gather up your group of friends, and remember to include your non-mommy friends too, as often they are aunts, god-mothers, or have other wonderful relationships with our children.  At your party, I will literally bring the store to you.  No waiting for shipping or delivery! How often does a store come to you?  Contact me today and schedule your cloth diaper get together!
For anyone in Tucson that may not want to host a party, I would be thrilled to be able to bring cloth diapers to you.  This is an investment that you are making, and it's perfectly understandable to want to see before you buy.  And to my non-Tucsonan followers, I am happy to answer any cloth diapering questions you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment