Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gag Me With a Spoon

Cloth diapers and morning sickness don’t mix.
That should be the end of today’s blog post. I’m not the first or the last mom to deal with cloth diapers while suffering from morning sickness. I just don’t know how other moms do it. It feels like I’m in smell hell every day. Seriously. If I weren’t so yucky feeling, I would be putting BW going on the potty instead of having him go in his diaper. The poo kills me. I wish I could say, ‘here are some sure-fire tips to help all the suffering preggos but I have no tips.
Here’s what I do:
  1. Beg Mr. GBE to spray poopy diapers.
  2. Beg Mr. GBE to rinse overnight diapers.
  3. Beg Mr. GBE to throw a load of diapers in the wash.
  4. Beg Mr. GBE to change poopy diapers.
This is what actually happens.
  1. I spray poopy diapers.
  2. I rinse overnight diapers.
  3. I throw in a load of diapers to wash.
  4. I only change poopy diapers while Mr. GBE is at work.
{I would be lying if I didn’t say that Mr. GBE doesn’t do any of 1-3, but it’s not every time I beg like I wish he would. Beggars can't be choosers, right?! I love you bunches, Mr. GBE.}
The odds for not puking while dealing with poop are not in my favor. So I have had to manage some survival tips for spraying, rinsing, and washing diapers. I’ve started using Rockin’ Green’s Pail Fresheners to help mask some of the odor in the diaper pail, and that does take the edge off for me when I pop open the diaper pail. {For those of you without the super crazy preggo sense of smell, it does a great job destroying odors. I know this from past use...think hot, stinky, Tucson summers}. I’ve used GroVia BioSoakers and BioLiners and well, you have to deal with poop either way. It’s illegal to throw human waste in the garbage. So since both options still have me dealing with poo, it has now turned into a waiting game. I am now at 17 weeks, and I’m hoping the queasiness will soon fade away. Until then, I’ll be gagging my way through diaper changes. {Disclaimer: I gagged my way through diaper changes with my oldest, CW, while pregnant with BW. And I used disposables then. So it’s not using cloth that grosses me out. It’s just that poo and my nose do NOT get along at this time. Blech!}
Tell me I'm not the only one living in Smell Hell!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to you! We are in the same boat. But not as bad, I'm 12 weeks along, and while once in a while I gag at opening the diaper pail... most the time it's the smells in the kitchen that are bothersome to me. Although I must admit, this has been my least sick pregnancy! Which is a plus. Yeah for #3's!

    ReplyDelete